Monday, September 10, 2007

Blog Slacking

I know I've done a sorry job of maintaining this blog, but my intention is still to post my progress through Jonathan Edwards' The Religious Affections. It's been slow going not only due to the challenge of digesting Edward's weighty content and style, but in large part as a result of exceptional demands on my time from both pastoring and things personal.

Returning from hearing John Piper speak in Asheville in late July, I found myself immersed in Vacation Bible School, getting to know five families who have begun attending our church, planning two significant events, and moving out of and back into my house for the purpose of having our floors refinished. Oh, and this on top of my "normal" pastoral responsibilities.

Also, soon after returning home, I discovered that a staffer from Piper's ministry, Desiring God, had also taken notes for posting. Not only are the conference notes available online, you can listen as well. I don't at all regret the effort to capture the notes, but it did take the steam out of my desire to post them for the benefit of others. Perhaps I'll modify my goal to instead post some reflections on what was most significant for me. In the meantime, do yourself a favor and read or listen yourself.

No comments: